Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Basic Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am sure you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? You might know people that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. You will even find that folks in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they don’t know why. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
At this time we are going to show you why these minerals and vitamins are key to good health. You may or may not be aware that apples can actually reduce risks of a variety of cancers, and that is due to all the things in apples. By eating apples you could lessen your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. Just that one element should be sufficient reason for everyone to start eating apples.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. The one thing you should recognize is that we only mentioned some of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits regarding your health in relation to apples. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. You will find that your overall health may significantly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to osaka okonomiyaki with beef tendon recipe. You can cook osaka okonomiyaki with beef tendon using 31 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon:
- Prepare Batter (combine the ※ ingredients beforehand)
- Provide 500 grams ※Cake flour
- Provide 2 tbsp ※Sugar
- Provide 2 tsp ※Salt
- Provide 1 liter ※The water from boiling beef tendon or use the chicken stock from
- Prepare 150 grams ※Yamaimo yam
- Prepare 3 tbsp ※Bonito flakes
- Prepare 15 grams ※Baking powder
- Get 1 1/5 kg Finely chopped cabbage
- Provide 1 Tempura batter crumbs
- Use 1 bunch Green onions or scallions
- You need 1 Red pickled ginger
- Get 12 Eggs
- Provide Additions
- Take 200 grams Beef tendon
- Take 200 grams Thinly sliced pork belly
- Take 200 grams Boiled octopus
- Provide To parboil the beef tendon:
- Get 2 large Water
- Get 3 slice Ginger
- Provide 2 stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek
- Get To flavor the beef tendon
- Use 40 ml Soy sauce
- Provide 400 ml Water
- You need 25 ml Sake
- Use 1 and 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- You need Toppings
- You need 1 10:1 blend Tonkatsu sauce, "Doro" Sauce (a type of thick Worcestershire-style sauce)
- Use 1 10:1:1 blend Mayonnaise, milk, plain yogurt
- Use 1 Aonori
- Get 1 Bonito flakes
Steps to make Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon:
- Boil the beef tendon in plenty of water with 3 slices of ginger and the green part of 3 stalks of leek for about 5 minutes to eliminate the gaminess. Skim off the scum completely.
- Rinse the boiled beef tendon with cold water and put into a pressure cooker with 2000 ml of water. Lock on the lid, bring to a boil and cook under pressure for 15 minutes. Leave to cool down naturally.
- Chop the beni-shouga pickled red ginger into a 1 mm dice. Slice the octopus into big pieces.
- Cut the cabbage into 2-3 mm wide julienne. Turn 90 degrees and chop up into 3mm dice. If you do this 1/4 of a cabbage at a time, it's easy.
- 1 head of cabbage chopped is about 1.2 kg worth.
- Slice the green onion thinly. Peel and grate the yamaimo yam.
- Take out the beef tendon from Step 2. The cooking liquid will be used as the soup stock in the batter, so skim off the scum carefully and leave to cool.
- Cut the beef tendon into bite sized pieces, and simmer in the beef tendon flavoring ingredients. When the cooking liquid has reduced by half, leave to cool and absorb the flavors.
- Combine the batter ingredients, and add the completely cooled down beef tendon stock little by little. If you add it all at once the batter may form lumps so add it a bit at a time.
- If any lumps remain the batter will be floury, so mix well. Once the batter is mixed, add the grated yamaimo.
- Pour the batter onto a heated electric griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices.
- Break an egg into a small bowl, add 2 ladle fulls of batter, 2 handfuls (about 100 g) of cabbage, some octopus, some of the beef tendon, green onion, tempura batter crumbs, and red pickled ginger.
- Mix it with a spoon to incorporate air into the batter and don't over-mix. You should still see some of the egg white in the mix.
- Pour the batter onto a heated griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices.
- Cook for 5 minutes, and when you can insert the spatula underneath easily turn it over for the first time. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn over again. Do not press down on the pancake.
- Cover with lots of sauce, sprinkle with bonito flakes and aonori seaweed powder, and it's done. Add mayonnaise or Japanese mustard to taste!
- Use this kind of container (you can buy it at a 100 yen shop) to spread the mayonnaise. If you add about 10% milk and yogurt to the mayonnaise, it tastes great.
- You can't omit Doro sauce (a kind of thick Worcestershire-type sauce)! It serves as a 'hidden flavor' in the sauce. It is quite salty, which goes well with okonomiyaki. Don't add too much. The ratio is about 10:1 tonkatsu sauce to Doro sauce.
- This is tasty made with chicken bone soup stock too. Seefor the chicken stock recipe.
- Make your own tempura batter crumbs.
- is a version that only uses yamaimo yam and eggs in the batter.
- This is a 3-layer birthday cake version!
If you find this Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.