This is how Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) may help you in weight reduction
Weight management wants fixed efforts. If you are someone attempting to shed some additional kilos then it's good to at all times be on your toes. Watching your calorie consumption and in addition sticking to a balanced diet is the secret to an efficient weight loss routine. It turns into actually hectic to strike that proper balance between taste and well being and due to this fact, we need to discover an in-between resolution the place taste meets well being.
Don’t fear it's not tough in any respect. You just need to choose the fitting elements. Like Proteins! As you already must be figuring out, protein is the constructing block of cell and is responsible for repairing the damaged tissues and muscles. It is usually a super-powerful nutrient that helps in inducing satiety and stimulates weight loss. Due to this fact, consuming a high-protein food plan will help you in shedding pounds successfully
Before you jump to Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In This Article We’re Going To Be Looking At The Many Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Many men and women do not understand that coconut oil has many benefits to it and is really something you ought to be using regularly. Unlike other products you are able to purchase currently available this item is going to have a wide variety of health advantages for your body. One more thing I want to point out regarding the use of coconut oil is that it is not only a thing that can be used internally or externally, it’s a thing that can be used for both. If you’re wondering what a few of these benefits are you need to be pleased to realize that we’re going to be explaining to you in this post what some of these benefits might be.
Something else you are going to find coconut oil is quite useful for is to be used on your hair and skin, and this is clearly something you would never do with other cooking oils. For people who end up suffering from various kinds of rashes you might want to think about rubbing coconut oil on your skin as this will assist you to heal the rash. There are various other advantages of making use of this on your skin such as the fact that it can supply you with a younger look and it’s also filled with antioxidants that can be absorbed in the skin.
Yet another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been entirely proven is that it could have healing affects such as antiviral and anti bacterial. One of the best things you are going to have the ability to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil as opposed to the other oils that you may possibly be using at this current time. There are different vitamin businesses right now contemplating the thought of promoting coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to start receiving the advantages from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) recipe. To make shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) you need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- Get 1/2 lb shrimp peeled fresh raw small or medium size (about 15-20 medium size)
- Prepare 1 cup plantain drumsticks raw (green) thinly sliced or
- You need 1 inch cut into pieces (Optional)
- Take 3 - 5 green chillies fresh slit (use 3 if you want mild, 5 if you want hot)
- Get 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (use 1/4 tsp if you want it really mild)
- Use 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Use 1 1/2 tsps salt
- Provide 2 - 3 small pieces of kodampuli (soaked in 1 tbsp hot water for about 10 minutes)
- Prepare 1/2 cup water
- You need 1 cup coconut freshly grated (or fresh frozen grated)
- Prepare 1 tbsp red onions chopped
- Prepare 1 cup water warm
- Take 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Get 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Use one sprig curry leaves fresh
- Provide 1 tbsp red onions finely minced
- Use 2 chillies medium-sized dried red (torn in half)
Instructions to make Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- De-vein the shrimp and wash it nicely in cold water and place it in a nice medium size deep pot or vessel.
- To this pot, add the cut plantains or the drumstick pieces(if adding), green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric, kodampuli (with the soaked water), salt and about 1/2 cup water.
- Keep this pot on the stove and once the water starts to boil, lower the heat to medium and cover the pan. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes. Put the stove off and set aside.
- Now take the grated coconut - If you are using frozen grated coconut, thaw it first, either keeping it at room temperature for about an hour or by warming in a microwave oven for 30 seconds. Grind the coconut finely in a food processor or a blender with the 1 cup warm water along with the onions. The finer the texture of the ground coconut, the more delicious this curry will taste.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked shrimp in the pot. Place on stove again and turn heat to low and allow the mixture inthe pot to simmer for about 2 minutes on medium flame. Do not let the coconut mixture boil. Then turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Lastly, take a small pan for doing the final tadka (oil garnish) and heat the coconut oil in it till you get the aroma. Then add the mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add the red onions and as they begin t turn golden brown, add the curry leaves and the dried red chillies. Wait for 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Add this oil mixture on top of the shrimp and coconut curry.
- Serve with steamed parboiled rice and / brown rice.
If you find this Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.