Discover all the very best Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipes on the web within the one stop place that is cooking guide. Whether or not you're searching for a powerful appetizer, an elaborate meal, or a quick and straightforward Healthy Mashed Potatoes , you'll find the recipes and recommendation you need. We provide you only the best Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already are aware that you must have a fit and healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already are aware that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the general health of your heart. But did you know that there are a number of foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? In the following paragraphs, you will find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Have you heard the phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples contain numerous minerals and elements that can help your heart remain healthy. Apples have high soluble fiber content and this soluble fiber works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from accumulating and causing blockages. A single Red Delicious apple every day can make your LDL levels decrease by as much as 8%! This is a fantastic number for somebody who desires his or her heart to be healthier.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. They are essentially wonderful, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Start eating these health food every day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy mashed potatoes recipe. You can have healthy mashed potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Healthy Mashed Potatoes:
- Provide 4 lb Yukon Gold potatoes white or , (about 10), peeled & cubed
- Take 1 cup sour cream reduced - fat or light
- Take 1/2 cup , (1/2 of 8 oz tub 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- Provide 2 tsps onion powder
- Prepare 1 bacon slice , cooked , crumbled
- Prepare 2 green onions , sliced
Steps to make Healthy Mashed Potatoes:
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water 10 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, reduced-fat cream cheese and onion powder; mash until creamy.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 days. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Discard plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through. Sprinkle with the bacon and green onions.
If you find this Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.